What an incredible year it has been this year! Here’s some highlights from 2018.
New Art Works
The focus of the first part of the year has been researching, hiking to, and painting 50 New York Waterfalls.
Winter is for the Birds: Chickadee
Winter is for the Birds: Bluejay
FUMC Prayer Garden
Orchid in Purple
Orchid in Blue
30 Inktober sketches
I got the opportunity to write about so many different things this year. These are the title for the posts, you can click the name to read any you may have missed.
- Happy Birthday Jackson Pollock
- Who is your favorite artist?
- Happy Birthday Michelangelo
- Not Jean. Not Jane. Jaen, J-A-E-N.
- Exploring Waterfalls in Wintertime
- Summer Mosaic 2017 Recap
- Summer Mosaic 2017 Recap: Days 1-7
- Summer Mosaic 2017 Recap: Days 8-14
- Summer Mosaic 2017 Recap: Days 15-21
- Summer Mosaic 2017 Recap: Days 22-28
- Summer Mosaic 2017 Recap: Days 29-35
- Summer Mosaic 2017 Recap: Days 36-42
- Summer Mosaic 2017 Recap: Days 43-50
- Let’s Get This Party Started
- Waterfall Adventures & New Paintings
- 2018 Summer Mosaic Mid-Project Update
- 2018 Summer Mosaic Dates & Info
- Upcoming: Artist Q&A
- July Art Events
- Happy Independence Day!
- 2018 Summer Mosaic End of Project Update
- Happy Waterfall Wednesday!
- Waterfall Wednesday: Waverly Glen
- Waterfall Wednesday: Triple Cascade
- Fun Fact Friday: The Etruscans
- Waterfall Wednesday: Van Natta Falls
- Fun Fact Friday: The Etruscans Pt2
- Waterfall Wednesday: Seneca Mill Falls
- Waterfall Wednesday: Carpenter Falls
- Friday Fun Fact: the Etruscans and Metalwork
- Waterfall Wednesday: Letchworth Middle Falls
- Fun Fact Friday: The Etruscans and Portraits
- Waterfall Wednesday: Papermill Falls
- Fun Fact Friday: The Etruscans and Sculpture
- Waterfall Wednesday: Eagle Cliff Falls
- Fun Fact Friday: The Last the Etruscans
- Waterfall Wednesday: Cowshed Falls
- Fun Fact Friday: Waterfall Edition
- Waterfall Wednesday: Enfield Falls
- Fun Fact Friday: Devils Tower
- Inktober 2018: Recap of Week 1
- Waterfall Wednesday: Lower Triphammer Falls
- Fun Fact Friday: Devils Tower Pt. 2
- Inktober 2018: Recap Week 2
- Waterfall Wednesday: Tinker Falls
- A Trip to Seneca Falls
- Inktober 2018: Recap Week 3
- Waterfall Wednesday: Giant’s Staircase
- Fun Fact Friday: Pablo Picasso, What’s in a Name?
- Inktober 2018: Recap Week 4
- Waterfall Wednesday: Pratt’s Falls
- Inktober 2018: Recap Week 5
- Waterfall Wednesday: Cavern Cascade
- Waterfall Wednesday: Ithaca Falls
- Fun Fact Friday: Monet’s Color Shift
- Waterfall Wednesday: High Falls
- Waterfall Wednesday: Chittenango Falls
- Fun Fact Friday: Glass Art
- Waterfall Wednesday: Aunt Sarah’s Falls
- Waterfall Wednesday: Twin Falls Upper Falls
- Waterfall Wednesday: Cascade Mill Falls
This year brought a lot of new opportunities to show my art. My work was juried into two different shows – New Wings and Shy Dinosaurs at Franklin Street Gallery and Fall Show at Dansville ArtWorks.
I also exhibited through shows at the ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes and Community Arts of Elmira. Two works were displayed in the Square Foot Show at Bismarck Arts & Galleries Association. And of course 50 works were displayed as part of the Summer Mosaic show at 171 Cedar Arts.
This fall I was honored to be selected to exhibit a solo display of my work in a new partnership between the ARTS Council and First Heritage Federal Credit Union. My show Waterfalls of the Finger Lakes was on display September through December in the Corning branch of the credit union and featured nine waterfall paintings.
This year also brought a newspaper article interview through the Genesee County Express about the Fall Show at Dansville ArtWorks and television interview for the Senior Notebook on WENY (scheduled to air 1/13/19) based on my Waterfall of the Finger Lakes exhibition.
I’m excited to see what this new year will bring! I’m in the process of formulating new goals for 2019 and planning out the year’s calendar of shows and brainstorming new projects.
What are your goals as we go into the new year?