- Swans are the largest of the waterfowl family and are also one of the largest flying birds.
- A Swan’s wingspan can reach up to 3 meters in length (that’s about 9.8 feet!)
- Swans are closely related to geese, however have larger feet and necks.
- A group of swans is called a bevy, or a wedge while in flight.
- Swans have been seen as a symbol of love and fidelity as they appear to have long-lasting, monogamous relationships.
- Swan meat was considered a luxury food during the reign of Elizabeth I in England (1558-1603).
Be sure to like me on Facebook (follow me on Twitter) so you can see when the new one goes up and follow along in the fun!
Looking For Something New to Decorate For the Holidays?
I have listed each of the 12 Days of Christmas series (so far) on my new Etsy shop! So that means that you have the possibility of being able to add this beautiful painting (or the others) to your collection or gift it to a special someone for Christmas. As my gift to you, free shipping within the US for any of the paintings in this series (more details on the site). There are also other gift-able items in the shop to check out!