On the Eighth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me…
Be sure to like me on Facebook (follow me on Twitter) so you can see when the new one goes up and follow along in the fun!
A Few Fun Facts about Dairy Cows:
- Four main breeds of dairy cows include: Holstein, Guernsey, Jersey, Brown Swiss and Ayrshire.
- An average dairy cow weighs about 1400 pounds and produces 6.5 gallons of milk each day.
- It takes 12 pounds of whole milk to make one gallon of ice cream (totally worth it in my ice-cream-loving opinion); it takes 21.2 pounds of whole milk to make one pound of butter.
- Today, a person can milk 100 cows in an hour with modern machines, while it used to take about one hour to milk 6 cows by hand.
- Before modern day refrigeration was perfected and self-service grocery stores became commonplace, milkmen would deliver milk to each house daily.
- Personal fun fact: My grandfather was a milkman for Dairylea for many years of his life.
Looking for a One-of-a-Kind Gift for Your Special Someone?
I have listed each of the 12 Days of Christmas series (so far) on my new Etsy shop! So that means that you have the possibility of being able to add this beautiful painting (or the others) to your collection or gift it to a special someone for Christmas. As my gift to you, free shipping within the US for any of the paintings in this series (more details on the site). There are also other gift-able items in the shop to check out!